The largest of the club's function rooms, the David Lloyd George Room can seat up to 140 people. Originally designed as the club's Grill Room, it still has two enormous original Victorian grill mountings which give it much of its character, and is decorated throughout with Alfred Waterhouse's distinctive tilework.
Between 1930 and 1988, it also served as the club bar. Due to the influence of the temperance reform movement in the 19th century Liberal Party, the club was originally designed in the 1880s without a dedicated bar - something that was finally put right in 1930.
When the bar was relocated elsewhere in the club in 1988, the room was renamed in honour of Liberal Prime Minister David Lloyd George, who had lodged in the club in the 1890s. Lloyd George also made extensive use of the Grill Room, including when he hosted a dinner there in 1905 to mark Winston Churchill's defection to the Liberal Party. A copy of Felix Weiss' 1935 bust of Lloyd George is to be found by the window. (Lloyd George's portrait also hangs over one of the fireplaces in the Smoking Room.)
The Lloyd George Room hosts several of the club's larger functions, is fully equipped with a wide variety of AV facilties (and a grand piano), and it is available for private bookings.
200 - Reception.
140 - Theatre.
120 - Meal.
60 - Boardroom.
Private Hire Rates
£400 - Half-Day (up to four hours).
£700 - Whole Day (up to eight hours).