In the heart of the capital, with its terrace and dining room overlooking the Thames, the National Liberal Club combines a masterpiece of Victorian design, with the grandeur of a London landmark and the friendly ambience of a London club, open to both ladies and gentlemen.
The outstandingly ornate club rooms, decorated and furnished in the elaborate late Victorian style, provide an impressive venue for both private lunch and dinner parties, seminars, weddings, book launches and film premiere parties, which can be booked by club members.
Offering a mixture of traditional English dishes and classic continental cuisine and a carefully selected wine list, each menu is individually discussed and managed with the Banqueting Manager. The Club is justly proud of its professional staff offering services of the highest standards.
Members can book one of three rooms for private functions during the week: the Lawrence Robson Room, which is perfectly sized for boardroom meetings; the Lady Violet Room, which is suitable for private dinners; and the David Lloyd George Room, which can accommodate large-scale events. In addition, in exceptional circumstances it may sometimes be possible to book one end of the Smoking Room or one end of the Terrace, depending on the event type and timing.
The Club is closed to members at the weekend, and so the entire Clubhouse is available for private hire on Saturdays and Sundays.
Private Hire Rates
- Lawrence Robson Room: £105 Half-Day / £195 Whole Day. Capacity: 12 Boardroom / 12 Working Lunch.
- Lady Violet Room: £225 Half-Day / £400 Whole Day. Capacity: 70 Reception / 50 Theatre / 30 or 50 Meal / 30 Boardroom.
- David Lloyd George Room: £350 Half-Day / £650 Whole Day. Capacity: 200 Reception / 140 Theatre / 120 Meal / 60 Boardroom.
- Terrace (one end only): £225 for up to three hours.
- Tea & Biscuits / Coffee & Biscuits: £2.25 per person per service.
- Weekends: As the Club is normally closed at weekends, a supplementary charge from £3,500 will be incurred, based on additional costs from having to open the building for an event.
The Banqueting Manager, David Ross-Watt, can be contacted at email@example.com
Further details are available on our Weddings page.
The National Liberal Club has been seen on both the small and big screen.